Leveling the playing field
As part of our objective of giving back to the community, we launched Analyze Ed to address the urgent need to improve college and career readiness. We utilize a unique process based intervention approach that leverages Lean Six Sigma principles to drive results at every level: student, homeroom, grade, and school.
Over 150,000 students have benefited from our formative assessment reports. Pareto analysis reports and personalized approach empowers administrators to developed pathways to raise college and career readiness.
It is not uncommon for students to improve their scores by upwards of 3 points between the ACT pre-test and the ACT state test. Statistically significant improvement, in score, across cohorts has been achieved by 75% of the schools in less than 2 years.
Our self paced program can help students improve their SAT scores by upwards of 200 points in 12-15 hours of pre-test and personalized practice.
What it means for School and District leaders?
To reach composite benchmark readiness score of 21 on the ACT®, schools need to double the ACT® score growth of the last decade. To achieve this growth in score can require significant investment of resources. We partner with schools to reduce the burden on teachers, contain the cost of implementing solutions, and exceed college and career readiness goals. We strongly believe that our approach increases benchmark readiness and prepares students for success in college.
Our lean six sigma approach - pareto analysis - identifies areas of weakness. Administrators use the findings to develop academic master schedule to ensure instruction time is focused on helping students work on their weakness. Teachers use the time to provide instruction and practice on specific weakness areas.
The Content Analysis Report provides a comprehensive evaluation of student's strength and weakness in each of the four subtests. For example, the ACT® evaluates students in over 600 college readiness concepts across English, Mathematics, Reading and Science, so to make the process more effective we have broken down the ACT® into skill areas that are core to the test.
The report identifies skill areas of weakness that the student needs to work on and the impact it will have on the composite score. To recommend areas of improvement, we use simple Pareto charts. This identifies the skill areas that students and educators need to focus their efforts. The grade level report provides recommendation for the entire group of students so it is easy to implement improvement programs in a school setting.
Address the following questions
- How can individual students improve their scores by 20%?
- How can entire groups of students improve their scores?
- How can administrators and teachers structure an improvement program?
How can you get started?
- Administer a retired ACT® test
- Receive the reports package that identifies focus areas
- Structure an improvement program based on the recommendations
What one student had to say:
I always knew math was my sweet spot, but I never could figure out how to prepare for the other sections. Thanks to the assessment here, I focused on the right areas to prepare and saw a 2-point increase. - Grade 11 student in TN
Lean Six Sigma Based
Utilizing a process based approach towards formative assessment we help students, teachers and administrators address key challenges faced by students to effectively drive positive results.
Learn more about the teacher tools our platform offers. Learn More
Typical implementation timeline
The end to end process takes about 12 weeks including the improvement program that schools strcuture or students follow using the online content platform. A typical timeline is listed below with suggested activity by week.
- Week 1: Planning for the day when students would take the retired ACT® test and getting the materials required for the test in place.
- Week 2: Administering a retired ACT® test and shipping the answersheets to be analyzed.
- Week 3: Waiting for the analysis to be completed and online content to be setup.
- Week 4: Reviewing the reports and planning the in school improvement program.
- Week 5 - 12: Begin an improvement program. This involves 2 week of focused instruction for the four test areas of the ACT® and cover the top three skill areas identified by the analysis.
We will work with your to design an implementation plan that will work in your school. We also have a repository of best practices that you can leverage. Please contact us for case studies.
PreACT® Content Analysis
PreACT® score is a good predictor for ACT® score. The PreACT tests about 400+ college readiness concepts which are a subset of the 600+ college readiness concepts tested on the ACT.
Our offering focuses on providing students with feedback that identifies areas of improvement. Schools can incorporated them into the curriculum so students can begin the college and career readiness journey.
Schools implement improvement programs in Freshmen and Sophomore years leveraging best practices from their Juniors ACT® programs.
Formative assessment reports for PreACT®, ACT, PSAT™, and SAT® empowers decision makers to use data for continuous improvement programs. In addition to using Explore analysis to improve student proficiency, schools use the reports for high school placement. PLAN and PreACT® assessments identify deficit areas early in high school.
How to read the Pareto chart?
- The Pareto chart provides information on the areas where you have opportunity for growth
- The horizontal axis lists content areas in the assessment
- The vertical axis notes the percentage improvement you can make. The highest bar is listed first and this denotes the area where you have the greatest room for growth
- You should start with improving the area listed on the left and move from left to right to maximize improvement
We will work with you to understand your specific needs because our goal is to collect and analyze data to identify gaps in learning. We are currently helping over 100 Middle and High schools with their formative assessment needs. We will build custom solutions to meet your specific needs.